Wednesday 18 November 2015

A Stranger's Open Heart

Just wanted to share something that happened yesterday at the studio, I wasn’t here but my mum told me that a man was buying Frames and a teenager around 15 or 16 walks in, asking her about a photo on his mobile that he wanted developed. He wanted to change it’s background to heavenly clouds and enlarge.
The man buying the frames was watching him quietly as the teenager almost burst into tears telling mum how his brother died. 

His brother had been sleeping in his own home, when an air strike hit their home in Syria.
Seeing the sadness in his eyes this incredible man whom I SERIOUSLY wish I was here to witness this takes out some money and pays for the photo. 

He looks at the teen and says “We all lose people, it happens in every house in each country in the world…I am paying for this photo just so you can remember to keep your heart open and that you don’t pick up a gun and seek revenge…Your brother’s memory stays alive when you are loving not when you are full of hate, understand? Promise me you will never carry a gun”

The crying teen nods and thanks him.
I’m working on his photos now and wishing I was here to witness this.

No comments:

Post a Comment